Location: Byron Bay is Australia's most easterly point. It's 180km south of Brisbane and 800km north of Sydney.
Climate: The Byron Bay climate is sub-tropical. Daily max temperature: Jan - 27°C, Jul - 20.4°C. Monthly Average rainfall: Jan- 165.4mm, July - 92.9mm. For more information on Byron Bay weather please see the Bureau of Meteorology site
Festivals and events:
See our events calendar for more events and information
Things to see and do in Byron Bay:
- Walk up to the historic lighthouse through Cape Byron Headland Reserve - see the magnificent views at the top.
- Relax on over 40kms of beautiful, clean beaches in this coastal region.
- Dive or snorkel to see the amazing ocean life in the Byron Bay Marine Park (one of the top ten dive sites in Australia)
- Have a massage or take a Yoga class.
- Browse the outlets of the Arts & Industry area
- Go to the local Sunday markets, with colourful stalls full of gift items, food & drink and often live entertainment. The Byron Bay market is the first Sunday of every month.
- Visit the Thursday morning food markets between 8 and 11am every week.
- Visit the stunning hinterland with waterfalls, rainforests and an abundance of wildlife.
- Have a surf lesson, go sea kayaking with dolphins or try one of the many local adventure tours
- During the season of June to November it is possible to spot Humback Whales as they make their annual migration.
- Enjoy a drink at one of Byron's great pubs - see bands play for free every night.
- Treat your tastebuds in the great restaurants and cafes in Byron Bay - many are in good food guides.
See our links page for more information on things to see and do.
For a map of Byron Bay click here